Wednesday, April 06, 2005

About the Space Gap

So now there are those who worry about the United States losing its supremacy in Space and thoughts and movement is being generated to militarize that vast open airless space.

Reminds me of a movie I saw when I was a kid and then I saw it again right before the Iraq's invasion. While I was watching that movie, it occurred to me that the movie could have been dubbed and all references to USSR could have been exchanged for Iraq and Terrorism and we would have had a movie that could have been made very recently instead of made back in the 60s.

It is a movie where the stupidity of arms race and its futility when knowing that it is a lose-lose proposition and will certainly end with total inhalation of all protagonists--or if not total inhalation a good bit of dead and perhaps the end of life as we know it--is clearly displayed.

And here we have people worrying about a Space gap!

strangelove

You gentleman can't fight in here, this is the war room!!

"I don't think it's fair to condemn the whole program because of a single slipup, sir." "I do say no more than 10-20 million people killed tops! Er, depending on the breaks."

"Mr. President, we cannot ALLOW a MINESHAFT GAP!"

images

"Mein Fuhrer, I can walk!"


View trailer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home