Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ahhhhhh... L.A.... How I Missed Thee!

Some places we visited on this trip:

Bukowski' Childhood Home at 2122 Longwood Avenue

The mowing of the lawn and his father losing his job as a milkman was the beginning of a terrible time in Bukowski's life, maybe worse than most people could have endured. He therefore in interviews referred to his Longwood Avenue-home as ‚the house of horrors, the house of agony':

"2122, Longwood Avenue. The house of horrors, the house of agony. The house where I was almost done in. But not quite, I'm still here, you see." Read more here.

Incidentally, Longwood avenue was the second place I lived back when I first moved to L.A. I did take a photo of it, but for some reason I can't find it. I will post it when I do.

It is really a weird sensation to see places where you have been almost twenty years ago. This is the dealership where I bought my 1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88 for, if memory serves, somewhere between $2,500 to $3,000...

The place appears to be closed. I have no idea when it closed or whether it is permanent of temporary...

Maybe I will visit it again in twenty years!


And here is the place I lived after Longwood on Gennesee right of the coolest street in LA known as Melrose Avenue.

the left the building was painted blue. It is right across the Fairfax High School where I, and some friends, went and auditioned for the Oliver Stone's "Born on the Fourth of July." That was a very memorable day.

At the time when I lived on the second floor to

After that, I briefly moved next door (no picture... how stupid is that?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home