Sunday, February 06, 2005

Bob Marley


Today is Bob Marley's 60th Birthday. I remember being introduced to Bob's music back in high school when a friend of mine lend me one of his albums (Survival). When I first listened to it, I was confused--I did not like it, nor did I hate it. When I returned the album to my friend, I told him of my experience and he said, well, that's the hallmark of a good album--when it grows on you little by little. He was right. More I listened to that album, more I liked and each time I would find new things in the music. At some point, I knew all the lyrics to all the songs and then I moved on to buy all Bob's albums which I equally studied. I remember exactly where I was when I heard of his death. I felt short changed (I know it is selfish) because I never got to see him on stage live.

My Favorites in no particular order:
Survival
Rastaman Vibration
Kaya
Catch a Fire
Uprising
Babylon by Bus (the live show--I used to sing to and pretend I was on stage!!--Drove my mother crazy.)
And others...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepper said...

Never heard of him.

6/2/05 16:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home