Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Wow!!! Nellie McKay...


I heard her interview sometime ago on NPR and then got some of her songs and I am simply floored. Floored I tell you. She is simply amazing and her music is out of this world.

Listen to her interview on npr. There are also links to some of her songs. My favorite is Sari, The Dog Song and MANY others... She is way eclectic! She doesn't want to be sounding too girlish and she wants to sound tough and rough... She hates authority and she mentioned Bob Dylan's song hurricane with admiration; that song simply happens to be one of my favorite Dylan songs--so she just hits home. She is loud I tell you! And she has somewhat of an obnoxious laugh... The purchase of her CD comes highly recommended, however. Be careful though... she swears a lot!!

I tried to put the links directly from this blog but, for the life of me, I could not figure out the way to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home